Eye Care Specialists is proud to offer services of a certified Ambulatory Surgery Center. Our surgery center is staffed with highly trained surgeons, as well as highly experienced nursing staff. Our surgeons are board certified, and we offer the services of a trained corneal specialist.
Above all else we pride ourselves in patient care. Eye Care Specialists is committed to the highest safety standards and quality of care. Our staff provides patient education services, as well as community education services. We further provide efficient and cost effective services, with specialized surgical care focusing solely on ophthalmology.
Getting Ready for Surgery & What To Bring
Each surgical procedure will be handled on a case by case basis, and our surgical staff will review details with you several days prior to surgery. Below are just a few common ways to prepare for a procedure at our surgery center.
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight before your surgery.
- Wear warm, loose fitting clothing.
- Do not bring valuables and personal belongings with you. You will have access to a small locker for personal items, however we encourage you to bring as little as possible.
- Bring a photo ID only and your insurance card.
- Schedule for a ride home! Because you will be under anesthesia, you will not be permitted to drive yourself after surgery.
The type of anesthesia you are given will depend on your time in post op/recovery before being dismissed. You will have a registered nurse assigned to you the whole time you are recovering. Before being dismissed, your surgeon will personally evaluate you.
- Home care instructions are given to you prior to your surgery. These will be reviewed with you and you will receive a written copy of the instructions.
- Every surgery is followed up personally by your physician. It is common for our doctors to call you the evening following surgery to personally follow-up.
- All surgeries are seen within the first 24 hours for a post-op examination. Be prepared to come back in to our clinic the next morning.
- Because our surgeons are local and practice in the same location of your surgical procedure, you can expect personalized care with the same doctor throughout the entire process.
Some of the surgery options we provide:
- Visian ICL
- Cataract Surgery
- Glaucoma Treatment
- Macular Degeneration Treatment
- Laser surgery
- Trained Corneal Specialist
- Medical and Cosmetic Botox and Blepharoplasty