At EyeCare Specialists, patients are our first priority! We care about your health and privacy.
In accordance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA):
Eye Care Specialists will keep a record of all health care service we provide. Each patient may ask to view and/or receive a copy of that record, and may also request corrections to that record. Eye Care Specialists will not disclose any record or information to any persons unless written authorization is obtained or unless the law authorizes us to do so.
http://www.eyesrus.net does not obtain or release any personal information.
Upon registration for an office visit, all patients will receive an informed consent regarding their rights under HIPAA. Patients may contact Eye Care Specialists if they wish to receive a copy of our full Privacy and Security Policy.
For more information about Health Information Privacy, please visit the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services.
Please see most recent guidelines at the following L&I link
In ongoing support of regional and state health authorities, we are continuing with these initiatives to help slow the spread of COVID-19:
- We are closely following the guidelines for COVID-19 provided by the Centers for Disease Control and the Washington Department of Health. Keys to our success are based on education, cleaning, screening, and respiratory etiquette.
- Educational updates provided to staff.
- Frequently cleaning common areas and disinfecting all shared surfaces before and after use.
- Screening patients prior to appointments, in addition to staff making every effort to contact patients personally prior to any appointment.
- Screening patients and employees as they enter our clinics and surgery center to confirm they are healthy and can safely proceed with their visit or surgery.
- Rescheduling or sending home any staff, patients, or visitors if they are experiencing fever, cough, or shortness of breath, or have been in close contact with an individual with a confirmed case of COVID-19.
- Encouraging all staff and visitors to wash their hands and providing hand sanitizer.
- Enforcing social distancing whenever possible and limiting talking during eye exams.
In summary, please follow these recommendations to protect yourself and others:
- Stay at home if you’re sick.
- If you feel sick and have any of these symptoms, fever, cough, trouble breathing, please contact our office at (509)758-8811 to cancel your appointment.
- If you have been in contact with anyone diagnosed with, or potentially exposed to COVID – 19, please contact our office at (509)758-8811 to cancel your appointment.
- Wash your hands often and avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- If you have any serious symptoms like trouble breathing, dial 9-1-1 to reach local emergency services.
- For additional information, we recommend visiting the CDC Website, the Washington State Department of Health website.
Things to expect at your visit to our clinic:
- Don’t be too early: Please help minimize the amount of traffic in our waiting rooms. If you’re
earlier than 15 min. for your appointment please wait outside in your vehicle.
- Face coverings are No longer required.
- Social distancing: Please do not arrive too early for your appointment in order to keep waiting rooms clear.
- Screening: Any person entering the building at the main entrance will be screened to ensure you can safely proceed with your visit.